It all started with midterm grades due on Monday. I wanted to get some last-minute assignments graded and added to the students' totals. That put me behind on the calculations. That kept me at the process till almost the hour the grades were due: 3 p.m. on Monday.
Somehow when I finish a big task like that, I tend to sigh with relief and wallow in the moment of having completed a dreaded assignment. But alas, I had classes continuing to need prep for, an eye exam on Tuesday, two articles due at the GNews on Wednesday (after an interview Monday afternoon) and general preparation for a weekend at my mom's in Virginia. Somehow blogging got left off my list.
I did keep reading others' blogs however--how do you all make the time to write such interesting posts, anyway?? :) Here are a few that I found interesting in my blog neighborhood:
- My niece Sarah gives my mom's recipe for Apple Dumplings here. MMM-mmm good. Evidently she and my sister are having a friendly family disagreement over whether they're called "dumplings" or "bundles." I must admit I've never heard them called bundles before, but it's a cute name. That wasn't what mom called them though.
- Barbara writes an interesting Dear Me letter (you'll have to go read it to get the idea). I'd try it, but I find my memory for the details of my past isn't the best. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
- If you haven't read John Piper's account of his father's death, you should. And here's the local obit in the Greenville News.
- A "sometimes read" blog for me, The View from Her writes about when God speaks and when he doesn't. I immediately thought of these lyrics, "The Silence of God."
- If you're interested in the life of a literary agent, try reading The Writing Life. If you're a would-be author, you'll likely pick up some tips. And if not, it's just interesting reading about the behind-the-scenes details of the publishing industry.